Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Chocolate + Peanut Butter= Pure Goodness


I'm waaay behind on my blog posts..I've done lots of baking lately, but just haven't gotten around to posting anything. A couple of weeks ago I decided to make some chocolate peanut butter cupcakes because honestly, when does something chocolate and peanut butter not sound good? Chocolate + peanut butter is one of the best food combinations out there, so I figured that by making a cupcake with those two foods, I really couldn't go wrong.




For the actual cupcake I mixed up a dark chocolate cake batter. When I filled the cupcake pans, I inserted a mini Reese's peanut butter cup into the batter before baking, just to add some more chocolate peanut buttery goodness to the cupcake. I then topped the cupcakes off with a creamy peanut butter cream cheese frosting and another Reese's cup half on top. Talk about a rich cupcake! These cupcakes were great, but a couple of bites was definitely more than enough..I think if I make these again I will probably make them as mini cupcakes just because they are super rich.



Peanut Butter Cream Cheese Frosting

1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
One 8-ounce package cream cheese, room temperature
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
1/2 cup smooth peanut butter (do not use old-fashioned or freshly ground)

Sift powdered sugar into large bowl. Add cream cheese, butter, and peanut butter. Using electric mixer, beat mixture until smooth.

Here's the site where I got the frosting recipe from: http://firstlookthencook.wordpress.com/2010/07/20/banana-cupcakes-with-peanut-butter-frosting/

No comments:

Post a Comment